Hello everyone! Today I wanted to talk about a bunch of things I’d like to achieve this summer. These are things that I’ve been thinking about for a while but should finally have the time to do. And hopefully I’ll be able to check in at the end of the summer and see what I’ve achieved! So here’s my list of goals for Summer 2018:
- Start my blog – if you’re reading this, already done!
- Get a summer job – whilst I have a job as a retail assistant near my university campus, I don’t currently have a job in my hometown. I’d love to read and write all summer, but it’s also going to be an excellent chance to work and save for future endeavours! I have a trial shift on June 18th, so I’m hoping that goes well.
- Read at least one book a week – I hope I’ll be reading more than one book a week, but my schedule is currently unknown!
- Post on my blog at least twice a week – although most of my content will be book-related, it won’t be only book reviews, which means that blog output shouldn’t be solely tied to how many books I’m managing to get to. There’ll be plenty of other posts too!
- Write something creative – although I’m a student of literature, it’s been a very long time since I’ve written any of my own fictional content. This is something I’d like to try at least once during my degree, plus my boyfriend designed a group of characters and some ideas for a fantasy setting I could write them into, so hopefully this prompt will get my creativity flowing!
- Begin learning a language – this is something I have been eager to do for a long time, perhaps when I realised just how tight the limitations of my GCSE French course were. I think speaking another language is an excellent skill to have – it shows dedication and willingness to learn, and it opens up thousands more people for you to communicate with and learn from. My plan is to continue with French, as it is one of the countries that I see myself as most likely to visit, and I adore a lot of French history and literature.
- Exercise – something that many people include on many kinds of lists! I haven’t decided exactly what form of exercise I will be doing, but I think I really want to challenge myself to do the NHS Couch to 5K project over the summer. I’ve always enjoyed running, it’s easy to do without a ton of resources, and you feel amazing afterwards! I’ve also tried a little yoga this semester and found it really rewarding, so would love to continue that. However, it’s entirely possible that I’ll spend all my time away from work sleeping, so we’ll see!
So there’s my list! Part of me thinks that it could be far too ambitious to try and develop all these new and regular habits, but another thinks that these are achievable and if I put my mind to it I can do it. Do you have any goals for this summer, or have you done a similar post to this? Let me know below 😊