Thank you to Jamsu for tagging me in this! You can see their post here
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
Here are the questions that Jamsu asked me:
1. Book that got you into reading?
I couldn’t pin down a specific book or series, but it was definitely Enid Blyton! I have early memories of The Faraway Tree being read to me, and I loved the Malory Towers series. Did anyone else read her stuff?
2. All time favourite series?
Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy – you can see my review of the first in the series here
3. Last book you gave 5 stars?
The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel, reviewed here
4. A book you regret buying?
Honestly, I can’t think of one. I borrow from the library not and often spend a long time deliberating over a book before I purchase it, so this doesn’t really happen!
5. Do you have other hobbies beside reading?
Yes, I like to write on this blog! At the moment I’m learning bits of French and sign language, and spending time getting into yoga.
6. Favourite TV show?
You, Me and the Apocalypse is an amazing show that is definitely underrated. And of course, Game of Thrones.
7. A character that is the most like you?
I’m terrible at questions like this. It sounds corny, but I guess for aspects of myself I’d say Hermione Granger. I really hate being wrong and value knowledge. However, I’m nowhere near as brave as her and don’t think that I have the same dedication to my studies.
8. A ship you hate?
Valduggery. No, just no, please don’t. It’s creepy.
9. Do you read non-fiction?
Occasionally, yes, but it’s usually for research purposes and not enjoyment, and non-fiction takes me a lot longer to read than a fictional book.
10. Do you consider audiobooks reading?
11. A blogger who inspires you?
She doesn’t really post bookish content, but definitely Courtney. Her openness about mental health is inspiring, plus it’s obvious how much time and care she puts into everything she posts, and I just think she’s great! She’s super lovely on Twitter too.
Here are my questions, I thought I’d mix them up a bit so they weren’t entirely bookish:
- What was the last book that you read and reviewed?
- Last book you DNF’d?
- Last book you gave 5*?
- What’s your favourite blog post that you’ve written this year?
- What’s your favourite song at the moment?
- And the last album that you really adored?
- Do you want to write your own book someday? (If you have writing published anywhere please link it!)
- What are some other hobbies you have besides reading?
- Are you in any form of education at the moment? If so, what are you studying?
- Next book you want to read?
- A book and a TV show that you think are underrated and deserve more attention?
Please tag me if you end up answering these!